Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Buckwheat Granola w/ Stevia (Vegan, GF)

I was on a mission. Oh yes. Candida friendly granola. This granola was very crunchy, I repeat, VERY CRUNCHY. It was more like grape nuts, the buckwheat didn't cluster with the quinoa puffs. It was still very yummy with the cinnamon and stevia. You could use this for topping yogurt, smoothies, I made our Sunbutter Chocolate Bars and added the granola in for crunchiness, it was so incredibly good! You can get quinoa puffs in any health food store. If you don't like quinoa, try any puffed grain. Also, if you don't have chia, ground flax would work as well. 




1 1/2 cups soaked buckwheat
3 cups quinoa puffs
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
25-30 drops vanilla stevia
1 heaping tbsp ground chia seeds mixed with 1/3 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt


Preheat oven to 325 F. Bake soaked buckwheat for about 20 minutes on a parchment lined baking sheet (to dry out a bit) unless you didn't soak yours. Combine buckwheat, quinoa puffs, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Make chia mixture, mix in stevia and coconut oil. Mix into dry mixture. Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 min, stirring around periodically to prevent burning. Makes enough granola for 4 bowls of cereal. 

10 comments:

  1. This sounds healthy and yummy, I get so bored with my usual breakfast choices. I've recently started eating chia seeds, although I usually just sprinkle them on hummus or in wraps etc. This sounds way better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend I made my first batch of granola, with GF oats, quinoa, and buckwheat...the complexity of the crunch is irresistable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing! I would love a huge bowl of that right now :) Love buckwheat and I bet that coconut oil just adds that perfect flavor to the granola! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creativity never fails to inspire me. For that reason, I'm passing on the One Lovely Blog Award to you! Check out my post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Nicole: you two are so creative & this breakfast rocks my tastebuds too!

    MMMMMMMMMMM,...!!!! :)

    Kisses from Brussels to you two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited that you found my blog; your recipes are so amazing! I'm excited that you're on the candida diet, so that the odds are increased that I will be able to eat your lovely dishes! I've also never heard of quinoa puffs, so I will eagerly look them up. My local korean grocer occasionally stocks buckwheat puffs, which are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen quinoa puffs either...any suggestions on where to find them??

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Rebecca: They should have them in the cereal section of your health food store or whole foods. You can also substitute the quinoa puffs for millet puffs which I've seen more of in conventional grocery stores. I think it's in a red bag?? It works the exact same way as quinoa puffs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What about adding apple? would it be too moist and not dry out enough during the alloted baking process?

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete