Monday, April 25, 2011

Mineralizing Coco-Expresso Cookies (Vegan, GF)

I don't know about anyone else but I think I've had just about enough of carob. Don't get me wrong, I love the malty chocolateyness carob lends to treats but it was time to try a different alternative. I first heard about Dandy Blend from Brandon Daemon's (Hyperion Herbs) youtube channel. (He has some great tips on health/wellness and incorporating Chinese herbs and supplements into your lifestyle.) I also heard that it was being carried on online ordering sites here in Canada so I thought I'd try it out! The great thing about this product, is it's cheap (10$ CAN for 7oz bag), and you only need a little bit for a big flavourful taste. If you're concerned about getting more minerals and want to give up your daily cup of joe, this is your alternative.
Not only are you getting minerals from the Dandy Blend in this recipe, but also from the coconut nectar and lucuma.

Coco-Expresso Attack!

Lolly-Gagging Cookies


1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 cup shredded coconut, ground finer
1 tbsp lucuma powder
2 tbsp coconut nectar + drops of stevia to desired sweetness
1 heaping tsp Dandy Blend Herbal Coffee Alternative or other Herbal Alternative
2 tsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp vanilla
Pinch of sea salt

Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add nectar, stevia and coconut oil. Wet hands with warm water and form into desired cookie shapes. Freeze until firm. Makes 6 cookies.


We just finished our carob obsession as you could probably see from some of our recipes. We can't wait to experiment more with Dandy Blend!

What is your favourite "healthy flavouring" to use?

6 comments:

  1. Wow those look so good!!! I've actually never tried carob, but I love chocolate so I think I need to try it!!

    Favorite healthy flavoring... hmm... probably something with coconut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you're just as addicted to carob as I am. I'm currently trying to find roasted carob powder. I've heard it's SO much better than the regular stuff. In addition to carob, I LOVE adding coconut or lemon to my baking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love learning about new ingredients...I'm going to look for them at my store. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really interesting, I'll have to look it up! I can't wait until I have time to browse through your earlier posts, they are really interesting and full of good information. Thanks girls! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amidst the streaming revolution, FuboTV emerged as a standout player, distinguishing itself by focusing on live television and sports content. fubo.tv/connect represents an innovative approach to consuming television, combining the benefits of traditional cable with the flexibility and convenience of streaming. The platform offers a wide range of channels, including news, entertainment, sports, and more, allowing subscribers to access their favorite content in real-time, just like they would with cable or satellite TV.

    ReplyDelete