Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Socca Veggie Sandies! (Vegan, GF)

I finished work early today and when I got home for lunch I wanted a sandwich. Yes that's right, a SANDWICH. It's been a while since I've had one of those. My lunches usually consist of a salad or zucchini pasta. So I was trying to figure out what I would use for bread, then I realized...Socca! It's perfect for a sandwich. So I made a crispy socca by combining 1/2 cup chickpea flour, 1/2 cup water and 1 tbsp olive oil and baked in a 400 F oven until crisp. I spread some of our Cashew Coconut Curry Hummus on each piece and topped it with greens, red onions, cucumbers and fermented veggies.

Lucini sent us these packages of chickpea flour specifically made for making socca! It is so finely ground and powdery, It makes your socca super smooth and light. 
This chickpea flour makes the smoothest socca!


Getting ready to sandwich!

Golden crisps


10 comments:

  1. this looks amazing! i'm always strugling with what to do when i want a sandwich since i never buy bread - problem solved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sandwiches with socca! Teff flour works great too, in the same proportions pretty much if you bake it on parchment paper. It's the best for chickpea salad sammies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum socca sandwiches. We have seen that brand but have yet to give it a try ;) Now I am craving socca!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like my kind of sandwich. I don't eat sandwiches often because I'd rather just eat more of the toppings but socca is delicious in its own right. I'll have to try a socca sandwich soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a flippin' amazing idea! I'd never thought about using socca to make a sandwich, but that's so perfect! I'm drooling thinking of the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This might sound silly, but that socca kinda looks like untouched golden sand on a beach :) Happy thought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Hannah: oh I love that! what a wonderful thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Socca makes great burger buns too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks great---I'm wondering how to get the socca into sandwich like pieces as you have it pictured. Did you spread it out on a baking sheet or use a round pan to get it in that shape?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Saskia: I used a round cake pan and then once it was done baking I just cut it into two pieces. You could also cut off the curves to make it in the shape of sandwich bread for the ultimate sandwich experience ;)

    ReplyDelete