Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Maqui Berry Smoothie + Review

Navitas Naturals asked if we could review some of their new Maqui Berry Powder. I'm actually a super fanatical fan of Navitas, I'm always checking their website for new products so when they contacted me I was kind of amazed thinking: how did you know I wanted to try this? Anyways, I just love their smart packaging design and the way they make buying/consuming superfoods as easy as (goji berry) pie.

I usually put acai berry powder in my smoothies and always feel good about comsuming this pungent Amazonian superfruit. Maqui Berry powder (Patagonian superfruit) is similar to Acai powder in the taste category. It would be a good idea to blend it with other berries just to balance out the flavour. This stuff is super pungent, and bitter, it makes me happy because I know the healthier the food the more sharp it tastes. It also makes your smoothies a beautiful magenta colour :)

And you know, where there's purple, there's ANTIOXIDANTS! Actually Navitas claims that Maqui Berry has the most antioxidants of any discovered fruit, meaning it trumps blueberries, chocolate, acai and pomegranates. For more nutritional information on Maqui Berry check out this page.



1/2 cup mango
1/2 cup strawberries
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp Navitas Naturals Maqui Berry powder
Water to blend
Stevia to taste

Blend ingredients together, enjoy! Top with some toasted coconut, hemp seeds, granola, or whole berries.

2 comments:

  1. I just made my first smoothie. I could just taste the health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this recipe in a yoga magazine and ripped out the page. This smoothie introduced me to maqui berry powder. Love this smoothie!

    ReplyDelete