Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pumpkin Attack!: Pumpkin Creme Crepes and Pie

Hey guys! So we went a little crazy this Thanksgiving weekend in the kitchen. Specifically with the pumpkin. We made a Pumpkin-Orange Smoothie  which was surprisingly really delicious. We also made the most amazing breakfast involving pumpkin....ready?....Banana-Pumpkin Cream Crepes! These were sooo good and sooo easy to make. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make the crepes. Here's the super simple recipe:

1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp of water (it should be more liquid-y than regular pancake batter)
Pinch of sea salt
That's it!!

Combine all ingredients. Pour onto a hot and oiled pan. Fry for a little less than 1 minute on each side. And you've got yourself a gluten-free pliable crepe!

Pumpkin Creme:

1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup coconut milk
A little squeeze of agave or maple syrup
A sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice

Layer bananas on one side of the crepe. Dollop on the creme and sprinkle with chopped almonds. Fold crepe over so it's half moon shape. Drizzle with more pumpkin creme, maple syrup and sprinkle with more nuts. Eat!!

Thin and soft, just how a good crepe should be

Drizzled with pumpkin creamy goodness

Peeping tom bananas




























We also made a pumpkin pie using flying apron's recipe





























It was pretty good! We used dates instead of dried apricots and just reduced the sweetness a bit. The filling got firm because the dates get dehydrated in the oven. We've finally found a good pumpkin pie recipe!

9 comments:

  1. This needs to go on my pumpkin recipe round up I posted today.... holy frickin YUMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks crazy good!

    Why have I not bought any pumpkin yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh wow these look great. The crepes remind me of injera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nommers, those crepes sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in the UK and we dont seem to have Pumpkin pie spice anywhere. Could you perhaps tell me what ingredients are in this spice? By the way, the recipe soundds scrumptious. I love Pumpkin in anything!
    konoups
    thefussiesteater.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice. I'd say 50% cinnamon and divide the remaining 50% between the nutmeg, ginger and allspice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, yum. This looks fantastic! I teach GF baking classes and will definitely be recommending this to my students! I bet you could easily substitute other grains for the buckwheat. I think I'll try it with almond flour. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of making crepes at home, especially buckwheat ones. I think I'm going to keep an eye out for a crepe pan :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually kill fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete